|Location: South Africa » Kwazulu Natal » Natal Midlands » Pietermaritzburg|
Heron Lodge - Bed & Breakfast Accommodation in Ashburton, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Get out of the city center and relax with us.
Surrounded by view of the countryside, below the infamous Polly Shortts, you find the tranquil setting of Heron Lodge. The relaxed setting makes it hard to believe we are only 8 minutes from the city center of Pietermartizburg. We have access from the N3, which is 1,5km from Heron Lodge.
The guest rooms are spread out over the 5 acre landscaped property, all with dam views. 164 species of bird life has been recorded, to date.
The luxury rooms are suitable for the businessman as well as the tourist.
We are very proud of our four star grading from the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
The five luxury guestrooms reflect an elegant African feel, all have en-suite bathrooms and private verandahs.
2 exec. suites, which have the following: king-size beds, full bathrooms, DStv, air-con/heater. Big leather couch which folds out into another double bed.
- Remote controlled colour television (M-Net)
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Showers in two rooms
- Bath in three rooms
- Rooms serviced daily
- Sherry and bottled water, included in room charge.
- Heaters for winter
- Swimming pool (towels supplied on request)
- Quiet garden area
- Bird Watching benches
- Braai facility on request
- Bar (accommodates 12 people)
- Campfire area (accommodates 12 people)
- Excursions, airport transfers
- Continental Breakfast, served at your leisure
- Secured electronic access and parking
- Picnic facilities to guests
- Fishing: full stocked bass dam (rods supplied on request)
- Telephone, fax and e-mail facilities
AttractionsPietermartizburg, the city, is undeniably proud of its sporting legacy, underpinned by its relationship with the Comrades Marathon, Duzi Canoe Marathon, Midmar Mile and Amashovashova Cycle Race.
We also feature events such as:
In the nearby vicinity, we have:
- Art in the Park
- The Royal Show
- Garden and Leisure Show
- Tala Game Reserve
- Golden Horse Casino
- Midmar Dam
- Midlands Mall Shopping Centre
- Howick Falls
- Vast array of restaurants
- Midlands Meander
- One hour from the beach
- One hour from the Drakensburg